Position Title: Skip Tracer
Reports to: Collection Manager
Work on behalf of Valentine & Kebartas's clients to recover debt. Accurately
research accounts and establish location and financial status of debtors.
Essential Job Functions
· Researches and Analyzes accounts prior to initiating debtor contact, examines
historical data and evaluates past collection efforts.
· Determines the most effective and economical means of locating the debtor.
· Maintains complete records on all accounts including, but not limited to,
detailed documentation on collection efforts.
· Utilizes all available resources and skip tracing techniques to locate debtors
and any relevant credit information pertaining to the company and/or officers
responsible for the debt.
· Maintains a consistent level of professionalism at all times with the debtor,
collector, and client relations department.
· Follows company processes and procedures.
· Maintains organized and current physical files for open accounts in queue.
· Conducts background and asset investigation on accounts recommended for
litigation and transfers to the legal representative with all information
pertaining to the debtors financial status reported in a clear and concise
· Other various duties, at the discretion of direct management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Knowledge of rules and regulations pertaining to collection methods and
· Knowledge of FDCPA regulations.
· Knowledge in various skip tracing tools and programs. (Property search,
Infosource, Employment Verification, assets, ABI, Secretary of State, Autotrak,
D&B, Credit reporting, etc.)
· Ability to creatively use all skiptracing processes while maintaining
compliance with state and federal guidelines.
· Ability to read and interpret documents, such as procedure manuals, invoices,
and company literature. Ability to effectively communicate research findings in
· Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in
· Achieves monthly goals.
· Works all queued accounts in a timely manner. Queue aging should be below 10%.
· Handles all incoming and outgoing correspondence within 48 hours of receipt.
· Effectively ascertain skip and asset information while minimizing department
· All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal and state
regulations and presented in a professional manner.
Education and Experience
· One to two years experience.
· Formal training in the collections industry and skip tracing processes.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties,
and skills required of personnel so classified.
If this looks right for you,
please email your resume to us as a PDF attachment.