Position Title: Retail Collection Supervisor
Reports to: Collection Manager
Work on behalf of Valentine & Kebartas's clients to recover debt. Initiate
contact with debtors and effectively communicate the importance of payment.
Accurately research accounts and establish leverage. Provide solutions to debtor
and assist with structuring payment plans. Assist with department training and
general record keeping. Instill in the employees and public a sense of
confidence about the conduct and intentions of Valentine & Kebartas.
Motivate and coach team.
Essential Job Functions
· Researches and Analyzes accounts prior to initiating debtor contact, examines
historical data and evaluates past collection efforts.
· Determines the most effective and economical means of collection for each
account and applies standard due diligence to collect monies owed.
· Initiates first contact within 24 hours of new business entered into the
· Maintains complete records on all accounts including, but not limited to,
detailed documentation on collection efforts.
· Utilizes available resources and skip tracing techniques to locate debtors and
any relevant credit information pertaining to the individual responsible for the
· Advises debtor of proper payment schedules and the principles of credit and
· Maintains a consistent level of professionalism at all times with the debtor.
· Generates correspondence through the use of system letters, free form letters,
and email communication. All correspondence will reflect Valentine & Kebartas's mission statement and communicate the professionalism we pride ourselves
· Follows company processes and procedures when recommending an account for
· Maintains organized and current physical files for open accounts in queue.
· After 4 months of collection efforts, decides whether to litigate or close the
· Tracks department attendance.
· Is available to handle escalated debtor calls, questions, and employee
· Works to ensure the department is operating to the department standards set by
· Trains employees on standard collection practices, skip tracing, procedures
for assigning accounts for litigation, and the AS400 system.
· Motivates and coaches team members to attain peak performance.
· Other various duties, at the discretion of direct management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Knowledge of rules and regulations pertaining to collection methods and
· Extensive knowledge of FDCPA regulations.
· Ability to effectively motivate and coach team members.
· Ability to read and interpret documents, such as procedure manuals, invoices,
and company literature. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers
or employees of the organization.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete
variables in standardized situations.
· Achieves monthly goals.
· Works all queued accounts in a timely manner. Queue aging should be below 10%.
· Handles all incoming and outgoing correspondence within 48 hours of receipt.
· Provides support to retail collection staff on a daily basis.
· All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal and state
regulations and presented in a professional manner.
Education and Experience
· One to two years experience.
· Formal training in collections industry and FDCPA regulations.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work performed by employees assigned
to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
If this looks right for you,
please email your resume to us as a PDF attachment.