Position Title: Project Manager
Reports to: Owner
Work on behalf of Valentine & Kebartas's clients to recover debt. Conduct
all collection efforts with a high regard for the client's customer service
policies. Initiate contact with patients and effectively communicate the
importance of payment. Accurately research accounts. Work with insurance
companies to verify coverage and process payments. Provide solutions to debtor
and assist with structuring payment plans. Assist with department training and
general record keeping. Instill in the employees and public a sense of
confidence about the conduct and intentions of Valentine & Kebartas.Motivate and coach team.
Essential Job Functions
· Researches and Analyzes accounts prior to contact, examines historical data
and evaluates past collection efforts and insurance information.
· Contacts insurance carriers to verify coverage. Process the paperwork
necessary to obtain payment.
· Effectively communicates insurance coverage and out of pocket expense
information to patients.
· Maintains complete records on all accounts including, but not limited to,
detailed documentation on status.
· Utilizes available resources and skip tracing techniques to locate relevant
credit information pertaining to the patient.
· Maintains a consistent level of professionalism at all times with patients.
· Generates correspondence through the use of system letters, free form letters,
and email communication. All correspondence will reflect Valentine & Kebartas's mission statement and communicate the professionalism we pride ourselves
· Advises patient of proper payment schedules and the principles of credit and
· Follows company processes and procedures.
· Takes the initiative to negotiate settlement within the limits of established
· After 4 months of collection efforts, decides whether to litigate or close the
· Other various duties, at the discretion of direct management.
· Maintains department attendance.
· Mentors and motivates team members.
· Audits team performance to ensure the highest level of accuracy and client
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Knowledge of rules and regulations pertaining to collection methods and
· General knowledge of medical terminology.
· Knowledge of FDCPA.
· Negotiating skills.
· Ability to motivate and coach team members.
· Ability to read and interpret documents, such as procedure manuals, invoices,
and company literature. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers
or employees of the organization.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete
variables in standardized situations.
· Achieves monthly goals.
· Works all queued accounts in a timely manner. Queue aging should be below 10%.
· Handles all incoming and outgoing correspondence within 48 hours of receipt.
· Provides support to the team.
· All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal and state
regulations and presented in a professional manner.
Education and Experience
· One to two years experience.
· Some college.
· Formal training in collections industry and FDCPA regulations.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties,
and skills required of personnel so classified.
If this looks right for you,
please email your resume to us as a PDF attachment.