Position Title: Collection Specialist/Customer
Reports to: Project Manager
Work on behalf of Valentine & Kebartas clients to recover debt. Conduct
all collection efforts with a high regard for the client's customer service
policies. Initiate contact with patients and effectively communicate the
importance of payment. Accurately research accounts. Work with insurance
companies to verify coverage and process payments. Provide solutions to debtor
and assist with structuring payment plans.
Essential Job Functions
· Researches and Analyzes accounts prior to contact, examines historical data
and evaluates past collection efforts and insurance information.
· Contacts insurance carriers to verify coverage. Process the paperwork
necessary to obtain payment.
· Effectively communicates insurance coverage and out of pocket expense
information to patients.
· Maintains complete records on all accounts including, but not limited to,
detailed documentation on status.
· Utilizes available resources and skip tracing techniques to locate relevant
credit information pertaining to the patient.
· Maintains a consistent level of professionalism at all times with patients.
· Generates correspondence through the use of system letters, free form letters,
and email communication. All correspondence will reflect Valentine & Kebartas mission statement and communicate the professionalism we pride ourselves
· Advises patient of proper payment schedules and the principles of credit and
· Follows company processes and procedures.
· Takes the initiative to negotiate settlement within the limits of established
· After 4 months of collection efforts, decides whether to litigate or close the
· Other various duties, at the discretion of direct management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Knowledge of rules and regulations pertaining to collection methods and
· General knowledge of medical terminology.
· Knowledge of FDCPA.
· Negotiating skills.
· Ability to read, write and comprehend short correspondence, memos, and
invoices. Effectively communicate findings to debtors and direct management.
· Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in
· Achieves monthly goals.
· Works all queued accounts in a timely manner. Queue aging should be below 10%.
· Handles all incoming and outgoing correspondence within 48 hours of receipt.
· All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal and state
regulations and presented in a professional manner.
Education and Experience
· One to two years experience.
· Some college.
· Formal training in collections industry and FDCPA regulations.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties,
and skills required of personnel so classified.
If this looks right for you,
please email your resume to us as a PDF attachment.